Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pressure

I knew when we had our first son, he would be JLK like his father and grandfather.

Justin's dad is James Larry, and Justin is Justin Lawrence.

James was also my grandfather's so although not my first choice it was an easy compromise. And you are kind of limit on L. I wanted something a little more non traditional and we quickly decided on James Logan.

Fast forward a couple years, and we find out we are having baby number three. Since we decided to not find out the sex we really delayed deciding on names. Final decision was really an after birth thing but we went with William Luke. William is a family name on both sides again and we like the idea of sticking with the L.

Fast forward a couple more years and we find out we are having our third son...never would have dreamed this! Really couldn't think of another L name we liked and we are always confusing Logan and Luke as it is. I pulled out one of my favorites from back with Logan although Justin wasn't a fan...Jackson. I've just always liked it. I guess it just took a few years to grow on him but he liked it now.

So we debated a little about going with JLK again or not. Will Luke feel bad he's the only one without JLK? Will Jackson feel left out without an L....I have said since Elizabeth, naming children is a lot of pressure.

In the end we decided on Jackson Lawrence. Most importantly Elizabeth agreed on it and wasted no time sharing!! So a first for us in sharing the name before the baby! Sure hope Jackson looks like a Jackson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...