Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday!

A special little girl turned 6 this past Thursday.  We made this birthday cake for her school celebration.  (if you ever want a good cookie cake recipe I recommend this one from Emeril. I’ve even doubled it to make this large sheet cake.  It’s yummy and stays super soft over night!)

DSC_0002

I did this last year and it was requested again.  I’m afraid this may become a regular.  She’s only eaten two pieces which she split with her brothers.  I think it’s just the excitement of receiving it.

DSC_0003

So today we had her party with her school friends.  We had it at our local YMCA which has a great pool area for the kids.  By all the smiles I’d call it a success!

DSC_0007

I barely caught her coming down the slide.

DSC_0013

I made her pause for one quick picture.

DSC_0016

 

Since so few kids actually eat cake, I went with an ice cream cake this year and by all accounts the kids loved the cotton candy blue ice cream with m and m’s!  We had a plan chocolate on the bottom for the adults!

DSC_0017

Mom messed up and forgot a lighter.  Then of course their wasn’t a single smoker around when you needed them.  So we had pretend “candles”.  Honestly it was so windy today they probably wouldn’t have stayed lit!  E was a good sport able it.

DSC_0019

 

DSC_0024

Justin couldn’t figure out what to do with the mess on his hands!

DSC_0026

I’m sure all the parents loved the neon pink and green icing and blue ice cream.  Good thing about a pool party is they could rinse right off! 

DSC_0027

To balance the sugar we also had some fruit and chips.  And surprisingly all the kids put a good hurting on it too.

DSC_0033

Luke became a little possessive!

DSC_0034

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...