Monday, April 11, 2011

It's been a crazy past few weeks and I'm hoping, praying summer will slow things down just a little. I find myself very sentimental lately with the kids. I guess it's just this time of year. Both Elizabeth and Luke were born on Wednesday of Holy Week, and came home on Good Friday. And with my baby turning one last week and Elizabeth about to turn 5 (officially not a baby/toddler/preschooler anymore) I can't help but want to slow things down - if only I had breaks for them!


I remember a year ago, being very apprehensive about being induced before my due date and turning to the bible looking for some words of encouragement. Knowing the baby (gender unknown and name still in the air) would have 3/31 birthday I started looking at different chapter 3 verse 31's...in the book of Luke it happens to be one of those son of...son of, honestly one of those verses which I typically skip over. At this same time I realized this would be holy week again, just like his sister, and slowly began to except the induction. We had talked about Luke as a possible name but as soon as he was born I was confident in the name.

The pediatrician on call that first night shared how his son was Luke and that Luke was not only a writer of the gospel but also a physician.


And a side note not to leave Logan out...he was born on Dec 8 which is catholic holy day of Immaculate Conception. I always joke to Justin about our "holy" kids and just pray some of that rubs off on them in their teen years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...