Thursday, August 26, 2010

Y2K

Yesturday I got a letter in the mail congragulating me on 10 years with Ingersoll Rand, aka Trane. The letter was reminding me to go select my achievement award. I laughed when I went online to see what they had, several watch options were list for each of the achievement brackets, 10, 15,20 etc. I know the old joke is I worked for that company 30 yrs and all I get is a watch! I guess somethings don't change. But wait, do people even wear watches anymore - I don't think so. Anyways, they also had some earings, necklaces, fishing polls, but I went the practical choice and picked the luggage option. It appears to be a decent size roller suitcase - small enough for a carryon but big enough to for a weekend. We'll see when it shows up.

So ten years has flown by. While my job is far from anything meaningful or exciting (HVAC and systems work), Trane has been a very good and faithful employer and I work with some great people!

So, Y2K saw college graduation, marriage and my first real job and all have worked out GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...