Thursday, August 19, 2010

Public verse Private

The big debate - public schools verse private schools. To be honest, I always was the advocate for public schools. A good education, paid for by my taxes, why not? As a public school grad I would get defensive if anyone suggested private school was any "better" than public. I got a good education and was prepared for college. Some would argue - what about religion and my response to that was - that's a parents job.

So my husband a catholic school kid and i the public school kid didn't talk much about this. Guess we figured when the time came it would work itself out.

Well, one week into school and private school is off to a good start for us. When they start and end school each day with prayer it just makes me feel we are in the right place. So much has changed with what can and can't be done in public places these days, leaving little room for God in most public classrooms. Is this saying all public education is bad - no far from it. But when the option to educate at our church was there it seemed like a no brainer!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! I wish that we could get that in a public school!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/19/2010

    Yeah, but catholic school is a hard sell if you live in Zachary in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...