Friday, August 08, 2008

What a day!

**This post is outside our normal what's the kids up to...it's more of a venting/destressing session for mom!

So we wake up early this morning because Logan isn't allowed to have anything after 8am. So I nurse him, then about 7:30 decide we should get some cereal to help tie him over through the MRI. As I'm filling the bowl of supper flaky cereal with water he grabs it spilling half mush on the floor. (Mess #1)

Then Elizabeth wakes up, and I find her and her bed covered in #2 (for mess #2). So I get her cleaned up and to the table to eat breakfast so I can finish cleaning her room. While on my hands and knees with blench I hear a crash from the kitchen...you guessed it...blow of cereal and milk all over the kitchen floor (mess #3).

Already full of stress because of the ongoing waiting game with Logan, I'm at the end of my rope after the three messes. But we've got to get out the door to get Elizabeth to a sitter and Logan to the hospital so no time to cry of spilt milk...yes pun intended!!

As I'm working on loading up the car the phone rings, it's Women's and our MRI machine is having problems today, we need to reschedule. You've got to do WHAT!!! While I wasn't looking forward to actual sedation and all, this doesn't make it go away, it just postpones us getting answers, you've got to be kidding me. Oh and by the way, we only do one sedation patient a day so it will be Wednesday before we can reschedule. So we have five more days to wait and worry. Yeah, I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it...the longer it draws out the more time I have to worry. I do have faith that God will get us through whatever he hands us but that doesn't stop the worring about my baby.

So Elizabeth was invited to a pool party today, end of summer kind of thing, so in an effort to relax we head there, in the rain. The rain blew over a few times but all in all it was a good time. After all the kids had eaten, we headed back to the pool for a quick swim before nap time. There were about 12 adults and 20 some kids. Four of us were sitting around the "wadding" pool and next thing I hear is some one yell get him out of the water. One of the little boys Elizabeth plays with all the time had some how lost his floaty ring and was kicking and grasping for air. It was a matter of 30 sec or less but it was scary how quickly he turned blue. The poor baby (2yr) was scared to death. The EMS came to check him out and said everything was fine but of course that scared everyone of us, it all happens so fast even with so many moms to watching over them.

I think it's time for a drink!!

1 comment:

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...