Friday, May 16, 2008

Conversation with a 2 yr old

Scene: Mom's sitting on the couch pumping and Elizabeth climbs up beside her

E: I want to pump
Mom: No, mom has to do it.
E: Why?
Mom: Because the baby needs milk.
E: I do it.
Mom: No honey, you don't have milk
E: (Looking with puzzled face at her chest) Why?
Mom: When you become a mommy you will have milk
E: Oh, ok! (and runs along)

We have noticed the "why" word popping up more and more frequently and more often than not it's after being told no. The good thing is if you give her any explination, she usually with am "ah" or "oh" and goes and finds some other entertainment.

2 comments:

  1. at least she hasnt taken your bra pads and put them up her shirt and insisted on wearing them!!! oh, and he likes to hold the pump on my boobs for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this might be a little scary since you don't really know me (but I'm sure Adriene will vouch that I'm completely normal)... my mom reminded me recently that at age 2 she found me on the counter in the bathroom, singing "you are my sunshine" into a breast pump like it was a microphone.

    I guess all little kids seem to have a facination with that! I'm cracking up at Adriene's comment!

    ReplyDelete

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...