Monday, August 27, 2012

God’s Promise

** I’m going to try to recap our crazy week with Isaac so I have it documented. 

DSC_0599

So, by Sunday night we had an idea that this storm Isaac was being forecast more and more our way.  I went to bed Sunday night thinking there was a high probability we’d be evacuated Monday.  If that happened we knew we’d go to Houston to wait it out and Justin can work from Houston.  When Justin got up Monday morning the first words I said is, are we evacuating, do I need to pack.  Nope, they evacuated south of us but not us.  At this point we still weren’t very concerned because they kept saying it would most  likely be a cat 1 at land fall.  Been there done that, not a big deal.  Last labor day was spent inside as Tropical storm Lee blew threw.  We did have concerns with power loss though so Monday when it was clear we were staying I went to get a generator. 

 

Called around and at this point most places were out.  Lowes said they were getting a shipment in at 10am.  The kids were out of school and Justin was at work trying to get that squared away.  We showed up at 10 til 10 and got in line. Turns out we were about 47 in line!  But they said they would get about 120 generators so I’m thinking it’s worth a little wait.  An hour later, the kids are getting anxious and hungry, and baby Jackson is doing jumping jacks on my bladder.  Not sure how much longer we can make it but I hate to have wasted all this time for not.  So we keep waiting…at 12:15 they finally tell us the truck is lost!  But we’ll take your name and number and call you when they come in.   I’m thinking yeah, right.  And I’ve got some ocean front property to sell you too!  But let my name and number none the less. 

 

By Monday evening wind is picking up a little and people are busy getting things put up and and secured.  We went on a walk in the neighborhood to expend some energy know tomorrow we’d be on lock down inside.  Around 7:30 the phones rings, you guessed it Lowes, we’ve got a generator for you.  You have 30 min to pick it up before we give it to someone else.  Justin jumped in the car right away seeing it’s about 20 miles from our house.  The two plus hours of waiting that morning didn’t go to waste.  We now had a generator but still hoped we wouldn’t have to use it.

 

While Justin was at Lowes that night, I walked some trash outside and saw this beautiful double full rainbow.  My neighbor drove by and said it’s that a beautiful sign God has sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...