Thursday, February 10, 2011

I love you!

I listen to K-Love alot in the car - that is when i'm not listening to GeoTrax, Strawberry Short Cake, Shek, etc. It's my relaxing, decompression time. This week they've been talking about National Marrige week this week as it leads to Valetines Day. I know I often take for granted my own marriage. Don't get me wrong...I thank God everyday for my husband, kids and all the blessing we have been given. But with three little kids we don't have a ton of couple time. We are lucky to have a strong relationship so even when we have our spats they are short lived.
I remember a Sunday schoold teacher giving a lesson on love and marriage back in high school that has always stuck with me for some reason. They explained relationships like a triangle, husband, wife and God and if both seek God and draw closer to God they are in turn growing closer to each other. It's hard work sometimes but we try to keep God front in center of our family and some days we are better than others.
All this is to say "I love you", Justin and am so very happy we are "we".

1 comment:

  1. Krissy2/11/2011

    I completely agree Heather! It is so easy to take our marriages for granted especially when you have children who take up most of your time and energy! Putting God first is a must and trying to find time for each other is also very important.

    ReplyDelete

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...