Thursday, January 07, 2010

Deductive logic

I'm a coke-aholic. I love a cold coke in the morning. While pregnant I've tried cutting back on the caffeine so I'd buy the non-caffeinated. But realized I was still drinking to much of that yummy sugar syrup drink and need to cut back. I'll still have one if we go out to dinner but I told myself I wouldn't buy any for the house and that will make a big difference.

So in the morning I've been doing coffee/milk -decaf of course. I love the flavor of coffee but not really a fan of plain, hot coffee. So point to the story...

This morning Elizabeth asks: " Mom, what ya drinking?"
Mom: " Coffee."
E: "Coffee is bad for kids, we can't drink it"
Mom: "That's right Elizabeth"
E: "So why are you drinking it? You have the baby in your belly and you don't want the baby to drink coffee"
Mom: " You are right Elizabeth, but it is decaf so I think this one little cup will be ok!"

You see what I have to put up with...little miss smarty pants already!

4 comments:

  1. Krissy Louque1/07/2010

    She is so smart! But I must admit that my kids enjoy "coffemilk" on the weekends. It is their special treat. We grew up drinking it and thanks to their grandparents, the kids also love it! By the way, caffeine free Dr. Pepper is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No harm I'm sure. We just don't really drink coffee so the only time real coffee is made is when the grandparents come. I think my MIL was the one that told Elizabeth kids don't drink it. We both got a good laugh out of the money story too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how smart they get by the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's just being a great big sis and looking out for her baby bro/sis in there!!!

    ReplyDelete

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...