Monday, June 15, 2009

"Redneck"



We will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this week and decided it was high time for a little adult get away! The Sr Kings were very excited about the chance to come watch the little ones for the weekend. Justin and I headed down to NO Sat afternoon with plans for a little stroll around french quarter, mass, and dinner. Upon returning to our car which had been in public parking lot, we found the window was down. Did we forget to put it back up? That's odd? We get in the car and realize, we didn't leave it down because it's now broken and won't go back up. We are thankful to find my purse and camera are still in the trunk!! We believe someone was trying to break in and either the alarm or other people scared them off. We still had another hour drive south to the water, so off we go with no window on the driver's door. Then a hot two hour trip back to BR Sunday evening.
The fishing was great...after a slow start will filled the cooler. I caught my first red fish (picture above). We had a great time just being out on the water, not having to worry about the kids for a few hours, and have an adult conversation without interruption.
The down side to the trip for me is my burnt neck! It is sooo sore. I applied and reapplied sunscreen while we were out there but somehow didn't think about my neck! ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...