Tuesday, June 09, 2009

It's official

I registered for the Rocketchix triathlon, Aug 1st. Tonight I completed the full amount for the first time...350meters in the pool, 12 mile bike and 2 mile run. The swim is by far the worse part and more on my lungs than legs which surprised me. I did the bike and run at the gym in the comfort of the a/c. I've got about 6 wks to accustom myself to the August summer heat which makes any outside activity twice as bad! We ran a 5k a few weeks ago and the sun beating down at 8:30 was brutal. But I feel I am at a good point for now and am excited about officially completing it.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! you go girl!!! I am doing one mid-July...1/2 mile swim, 19 mi bike, 5K run...should be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...