Thursday, November 13, 2008

Take my breath away dinner!

I took fish out for dinner tonight so when Justin got home I asked what we should do with it?? He said "let's try blackening it". I'm thinking not so hard, it's a very common menu item around here. So I jump online and find a "cajun" recipe for blackening fish. You make up a little spice rub and then cook in butter on a hot cast iron. Easy enough right...well we started and after a few minutes there was a little smoke and i started coughing as I stood over the stove. I didn't think much of it because there was a lot of cayenne pepper. Next thing I know Justin says I think we need to open the window...and shortly after that Elizabeth starts coughing...and then Logan. It was as if cayenne pepper was in the air. The whole house was a cloud of spicy smoke. You were alright if you breathed through your nose but if you took a big breath in your mouth - your breath was gone!! So we coughed our way through dinner with all three doors and several windows open. By the time dinner was over the air had cleared for the most part. As for the food...Justin really liked the fish, it was a little too blackened and spicy for me. The kids stuck with soy beans and potatoes...there appetites are still recovering from the stomach bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...